What's new ?
15 november 2017 - WdView V6.20
- In the menu "File", the user can choose the .ini file name where options are recorded. If there is more than one .ini file in the folder "WdViewInit", a dialog box allows the user to choose the .ini file to be read. So, multiple instances of WdView can be launched with different options.
- The project was updated with jdk1.8.0
13 june 2017 - WdView V6.14
- Watcher : error messages from Xerces since the new Java version 1.8.... Adding xalan.jar in the java.classpath solve the problem.
1 july 2014 - WdView V6.13
- Watcher : a second selection filter is added to export a second file from the same WDF file. The option "Add filter selection name to the name of the exported file" is store in the filter itself.
27 march 2014 - WdView V6.12
- Tecplot export : if a unique record named AUXDATA is read in the WDF file, the selected variables of this record are written in a field "AUXDATA". This allows to avoid repeating quantities with the same value in all the records.
18 june 2013 - WdView V6.11
- Correction of a problem with the file opening dialog box under Windows seven.
20 mach 2013 - WdView V6.1
- LDF export :
- new naming Airbus rule for LDF files .
- some changes in the data bloc format asked by Airbus
21 january 2013 - WdView V6.04
- LDF export :
Airbus-WT-Run.xsd is changed, CONFIG-POINT which was an attribut, is now an element.
some checks of LDF parameters, stored in WdView.ini, are added. These parameters are compared with the values coming from the files : Campaign.xml, Campaign-configuration.xml et grid.xml.
2 novembrer 2012 - WdView V6.0
21 march 2012 - WdView V5.15
- Tecplot export : special case : regroup of records with DPN undefined (mean values) but with a ZONE_T string in a record with DPN undefined too.
8 november 2011 - WdView V5.14
- Tecplot export : now, there is an option to add the name of the filter to the name of the exported file.
7 april 2011 - WdView V5.13
- Tecplot export : the polar number which is written in the field ZONE T can be replaced by a string of characters describing the configuration. This string must be in a variable of a unique record at the beggining of the polar with DPN : -1. This variable must be the only selected variable in this record. This mechanism works for the two types of Tecplot export.
- Tecplot export : if a filter selection is used, the name of this filter is added to the name of the exported file.
- Tecplot export : new data organisation in the output file for pressures.
08 December 2010 - WdView V5.1
- Correction in the selection for arrays with 3 dimensions.
- In the regroupment by DPN (used in "View" and in the export in CSV & Tecplot format), the records with DPN = -1 (Undefined) are not regrouped except when all the records in the file have a DPN = -1.
- Xml-Tardis : an option is added to write the file "ArchiveName"_PolarList.log (the list of polars with the correction, the nature and the processing for all the files contained in the archive).
- In the "Watch" mode :
- the export of the existing files is done in reverse alphabetical order to treat the recents files first.
- improvement of the log window : texts are now in color (red for error messages)
- the controls on input and output folders and the messages coming from sub-processes WdView (ran in line mode) are improved.
11 September 2010 - WdView V5.06
- New update tool : if an internet connexion is avaliable and if the operating system is Windows, you have only to click on a button to download and instal the new version.
11 August 2010 - WdView V5.05
- Xml-Tardis : bug correction in the determination of the data type ('t', 'f','u')
- If a new version of WdView is available on the ATA website, the displayed adress can be copied.
7 January 2010 - WdView V5.03
- Modification in the Watcher module of WdView to use the program on a Windows 64bits computer.
7 December 2009 - WdView V5.02
- If there is no selection filter used and if all variables are selected, if an other WDF file with a other structure is opened without stopping WdView, all the variables of this new file are selected.
- On the other hand, like in the previous versions, if all variables are not selected, this selection will be applied (if it's possible) on the other files opened after.
18 August 2009 - WdView V5.01
- Bug correction in the Xml-Tardis export (XmlWriter.java)
24 June 2009 - WdView V5.00
- If a new version of WdView is available on the ATA website, a message is automatically displayed when the program starts. This function can be deactivated in the Help menu.
- For the Xml validation process, the file path do not allow non-ASCII characters. A specific error message is sent in this cas.
- Tecplot files : it's now possible to replace the polar number in the field "ZONE T" by an other variable. See details in
export to Tecplot file
26 May 2009 - WdView V4.99a
This version of WdView is compatible with the version 1.9 of the Tardis Xml specification.
20 February 2009 - WdView V4.99
A test button is added in the dialog box used for the FTP parameters.
20 November 2008 - WdView V4.98
Xml-Tardis : if the nature of data is not the same in the whole Xml file, a error message is displayed.
Xml-Tardis : during the execution of the command Zip final data..., the extraction of the polar's list needs lots of memory depending on size of the xml files. A message is displayed if WdView is out of memory.
4 September 2008 - WdView V4.97
In order to help the checking of data results, two text files are written.
- Xml-Tardis : during the export, WdView make a list of the parameters which were asked in CAMPAIGN-CONFIGURATION.xml and which are not written in the data files. This list is written in the file paramNotGiven.log
- Xml-Tardis : during the execution of the command Zip final data..., Wdview make a list of polars with the correction, the nature and the processing for all the files contained in the archive. This list is written in the file "ArchiveName"_PolarList.log
27 June 2008 - WdView V4.96
- Xml-Tardis : The names of the used corrections are checked, using the corrections declared in the file CAMPAIGN.xml
- Xml-Tardis : The file "rangeErrorFile.log" is displayed in a window to improve the solution of a range error.
- Xml-Tardis : Bug correction in the checking of tap names (case of elements without sections)
02 April 2008 - WdView V4.95
- During the export of Xml-Tardis files, a checking is done between the number of taps in the sections and the size of the sections given in the CAMPAIGN-CONFIGURATION file.
- The menu "Wizard" is renamed "Tools"
- WdView can display a CSV file under a table form. The command is in the "Tools" menu.
18 January 2008 - WdView V4.94
- During the export of Xml-Tardis files, if the checking of the parameters names against the names given in the CAMPAIGN-CONFIGURATION file found a character case problem, the name of the parameter is replaced by the name asked by Airbus.
28 June 2007 - WdView V4.9
- Improvement of the selection mechanism in the tab "Global attributes" and in the tab "Records & Variables"
The right button of the mouse allows to select/unselect the highlighted variables.
- "Dynamic" renaming of array elements using an other array containing tap names for each element.
- New type of Tecplot file : the data arrays for a section (X,Y,Z,KP...) are regrouped and written tap by tap, one line by tap.
- This page "news" is displayed at the first launch of a new WdView version.
- Correction of a parameter in the command line sent by the Watcher under OpenVMS.
- A check box "WdfHierarchy" is added in the Watch window.
26 April 2007 - WdView V4.8
- Xml-Tardis : check of the singleness of AIRBUS record in the files WDF "Tardis"
- Xml-Tardis : the tap names are checked with CAMPAIGN.xml.
- Check of the presence of the record name in the D bloc during the import of GMT file.
- Choice of language for WdView interface : english or french
- A wizard is added to help in Xml-Tardis export.
- Some bugs correction.
1 march 2007 - WdView V4.7
- Xml-Tardis : the files XSLT are modified to test the string "Local Flow measurement" whatever the case.
- Xml-Tardis : in Watch mode, a string given by the user is added to the name of the Zip files for the Preliminary results.
11 december 2006 -WdView V4.6
- This version is compliant with the specifications Xml-Tardis V1.8
22 june 2006 -WdView V4.5
- A tab "Airbus variables" is added if the check box "Displaying additional parameters" is activated. It displays specifics variables in case of Airbus file.
- The "About..." box displays system parameters for the used computer.
01 june 2006 - WdView V4.44
- Opening test on WDF files in Watch mode to check that the export can be done immediately.
- In Watch mode, a new parameter is added in the dialog box to increase the memory amount of JVM launched in this mode.
- XmlWriter : if the nature of data is not the same in the whole Xml file, a warning is displayed but the creation is done.
- Check of the presence of "ELEMENT_NAME" and "SECTION_NAME" in records where usedSection = 1
12 april 2006 - WdView V4.4
- WdView can write Xml-Tardis files V1.6 or V1.7 depending on the version of the CAMPAIGN and CAMPAIGN-CONFIGURATION files.
- For Xml-Tardis sections which are split in several records, TAP-NAMES array can be repeated in each record.
- WdView can now create Xml-Tardis preliminary files with several polars.
13 march 2006 - WdView V4.3
- the internal active FTP client is replaced by a passive one.
- in WdView.ini, the FTP password encoding is modified.
30 november 2005 - WdView V4.2
- Memory optimisation
- Bug correction in case of a WDF export using WDF files with a DPN value at 0
3 november 2005 - WdView V4.14
- An estimation of the memory size for a full export of the current file in CSV and XML format is performed.
- A command "Zip final data..." for Xml-Tardis export is added.
- Check of variable's values if a range (mini-maxi) is specified for this variable in the file CAMPAIGN-CONFIGURATION.xml
- The character string "correction-name" is checked not empty.
11 July 2005 - WdView V4.13
- In the File menu, a new command Add... allows to add files to the current selection (Replace the list selection mecanism of the version 4.1)
- A "File info" command displays the main caracteristics of the current WDF file opened. This command needs that only one file be opened.
- The TYPE management is changed for Xml-Tardis files. The type could be different from a record to an other in WDF files.
The type used in Xml-Tardis files would be determine at the export time, depending on the variable selection.
If some variables of a record with the type 't' are selected with variables of a record with the type 'p', the final type will be 't'.
If some variables of a record with the type 't' are selected with no variables of a record with the type 'p', the final type will be 'f'.
If some variables of a record with the type 'u' are selected, the final type will be 'u'.
For Xml-Tardis files, WdView checks that selected variables names exist in the file CAMPAIGN-CONFIGURATION.xml (including a case difference).
1 June 2005 - WdView V4.1
- Supplemental extra-variables in WDF files are used in this version to save time during the opening.
- For Xml-Tardis export, data are written by DPN to save memory space.
- For Tardis Preliminary data :
- a new option to delete or not the original Xml file when the zipping operation is complete
- if the zip option is activated, WdView add the CAMPAIGN.xml file to the archive file.
Existing run numbers are deleted in this file and the current run number of the Xml data file is added.
- if the validation option is activated, CAMPAIGN.xml file modified is validated too.
- For Tardis Final data, output data are automatically regrouped by run number.
- If some specific Tardis parameters are missing in a WDF file, this file is opened as a standard WDF file.
- A print button is added in the "View" window.
- In the opening dialog box, a selection list is added. It can be used to open few files coming form differents directories.
1 April 2005 - WdView V4.0
- A button used to print the current Html page is added in Help window.
- A text area is added in the Watch window, messages coming from export are displaying there.
- Record names are writen in View window and in CSV file if there no records regroupement.
- Xml-Tardis export
7 June 2004 - WdView V3.2
15 March 2004 - WdView V3.1
The position of WdView windows in the screen is stored in WdView.ini for future use (useful for Unix users)
- The selection of Global Attributes is stored in the .SEL file
- The mechanism of selection for Records and Variables is modified : a column of JCheckBox is added in "Records Variables names" tabpane (the previous system was difficult while trying to rename variables).
- A new option makes possible the uploading of the output files using a FTP connection.
- WdView can watch a directory and launch an automatic export upon the arrival of a new file WDF in this directory (and thus a possible uploading after export).
- WdView help is available in French
- In the help, the menu item "Some examples gives an outline of the various uses of WdView and a FAQ page is created.
- A message indicates an OutOfMemory of the Java Virtual Machine when trying to use huge WDF files.
- A reading test of a WDF file is done automatically at first WdView execution on a computer.
13 November 2003 - WdView V3.0
- An installer is now available for Windows system.
- A message area is added to the bottom of the WdView window.
- WdView can now work on a whole set of files with a different Record structure.
- WdView writes files at the end of each input file in order to save memory.
- The program accepts command line parameters.
- WdView.ini is now stored in the directory "user.dir" (depending on system)
13 May 2003 - WdView V2.3
- The file netcdf2.jar is included in WdView.jar : thus netcdf2.jar is no longer needed to launch Wdview
- Validate buttons are removed, WdView applies selections while View or Export command is executed.
By default : all data points, all variables and all global attributes are selected.
16 April 2003 - WdView V2.2
17 March 2003 - WdView V2.1
19 February 2003 - WdView V2.0